Subject: [ebxml-dev] WS vs ebXML poll

James,

First of all, I removed your flame from your posting at webservices.org. Really we can all do better with constructive comments.

I may have personal thoughts on your lack of intelligence or attention span, but I prefer not to share them with the world at large. Just more polite that way.

The poll was started in response to a discussion around web services and ebxml at zdnet, and a URL was given for people to read those comments.

That discussion highlighted for me the issue that some people may see ebxml and web services in competition.  I took this up with the idea of a poll to see if, yes, I get lots of votes which suggests people do have a view on the issue of web services vs ebXML and two, to generate discussion on the zdnet piece.

Hence the question. Now whether one option is weaker than the other is not something I considered when I made the options. They honestly were meant to be fair and equally balanced. There is always room from comments under all the polls at webservices.org if people don’t find a suitable option and want to let me know, or air their opinions. Until today there has been no comments.

I have seen a few articles that suggest web services and ebXML are in competition from B2B suppliers. I am in fact working with Dieter Jenz on one such article to be published in the next few days which looks at some of the issues. I welcome everyone to come and make their opinions know in the comments section under that article once it is published.

Best regards

colin