Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML for Thesis

William J. Kammerer wrote:

>Though ebXML has a Registry specification, again, its
>complexity probably keeps it from providing suitable fodder for a
>thesis - unless Neville can take advantage of already existing
>open-source implementations to study.

Hi Neville,

Welcome to ebXML.

I agree with William that ebXML Registry is not too complex for your
proposed project if you are building on an existing implementation such
as the open source project ebxmlrr [1] mentioned by William.

There are several focused applications of ebXML Registry that we are
planning in ebxmlrr. We are also working on implementing version 3 of
ebXML Registry specifications [2] which have some interesting features
that may be interesting for your proposed project.

Please let me know if this interests you and we can discuss details and
next steps.

[1] http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net

[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200301/msg00000.html

Farrukh