Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML for Thesis

I hope you implement the open-source RegRep in its
intended functionality, providing a community of users with
a standard *server* to translate their metadata in/out of
other formats/schemas.

http://oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/
http://xml.coverpages.org/xmlRegistry.html
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net

It would be very exciting, and interesting for the whole community
to hear your experiences.  The idea that independent parties in
trade might be able to understand each others' documents, product
codes, customer IDs, locations and other information is not so
abstract; isnt' it marvelous how we've come all the way to 2003
and STILL!  you can only do it with expensive/proprietary solutions.

As far as I'm concerned there needs to be a RegRep in a box, in
every small business.  It can never happen on the constantly churning
Microsoft platform, and it can't be maintained securely by mainstreet
businesses anyway.  So, it needs to be built into a little hardware
device like our DSL gateway routers.

I will confidently predict, that if you build the RegRep and put it online,
you'll have no problem getting a job when you graduate.  In
fact, if you need some minor grant money or financial resource
for such a project, perhaps some software vendor might be
willing to fund it, or private donors, a hundred $ apiece.

Todd
Todd Boyle CPA  9745-128th Ave NE  Kirkland WA
International Accounting Services, LLC  www.gldialtone.com
425-827-3107  editor, AR/AP everywhere  www.arapxml.net
Build a refusenik economy.  One node at a time.