Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML for Thesis

Dear Neville,

We have an open-source implementation of ebXML Message Service called
Hermes. You may find more information at:

http://www.freebxml.org
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ebxmlms/

Please see if it fits your needs. You can subscribe the mailing lists at
the following for any technical questions on the software:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=56612

We are also from the University and we do encourage students to take
projects on ebXML. Students are the future stars leading the development
and adoption of ebXML.

Regards,
Thomas

William J. Kammerer wrote:

>I feel downright embarrassed for ebXML by that answer, Andrzej.  Did
>someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
>
>Neville specifically said he was interested in a suggestion for
>something to prototype - there are half a dozen major specifications
>within ebXML, and surely one could be found that can stand on its own
>for some sort of simple implementation.  Off the top of my head, I would
>suggest a prototype of ebXML Messaging Services - if only because it has
>the most mature specification of an admittedly immature standard.  This
>is an especially ideal place to start if Neville has interest in
>Internet protocols, such as SOAP, MIME, HTTP, etc.;  if so, he can begin
>his journey at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/.
>
>If his interests lie more on the business side, I would suggest he steer
>clear of ebXML Business Processes and the CPP-CPA (start with
>http://xml.coverpages.org/ebXML.html), because their complexity might
>make a prototype impractical for a senior year project.
>
>Instead, maybe Neville might think of something he can do with Core
>Components now that the specification (version 1.90) has been approved
>by TMG.  Though ebXML has a Registry specification, again, its
>complexity probably keeps it from providing suitable fodder for a
>thesis - unless Neville can take advantage of already existing
>open-source implementations to study.
>
>William J. Kammerer
>Novannet, LLC.
>Columbus, US-OH 43221-3859
>+1 (614) 487-0320

  Thomas Y.T. LEE
  Chief Technology Officer
  Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development (CECID)
  Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
  The University of Hong Kong
  E-mail: ytlee@cecid.hku.hk  URL: http://www.cecid.hku.hk
  Tel: +852 22415388  Fax: +852 25474611
  Room 301, Chow Yei Ching Building