Re: [Ebxmlrr-tech] ebxml implementation

ShodZ wrote:

>hi
>i`m a under graduate student trying to study and implemnt ebxml in a
>small way. i have major problems in understanding how the CPA will be
>used at run time to configure the business service interface.

To get a more authoritative answer, this would be best asked on the
ebxml-dev mailing list (I am copying it there).
You can join from http://www.ebxml.org and participate in this thread
further.

What follows is my own understanding...

Think of CPA as a souped-up configuration file, the format of which is
standardized. ebXML Messaging services use this configuration to manage
the ebXML Messaging communication with partners' ebXML Messaging service.

The business service interface (BSI) is more a concept and is not
defined by an ebXML Specification. Conceptually it is a traffic cop
layer that sits above the ebXML Messaging layer and makes sure that
message exchanges are according the Business Process referenced within
the CPA.

>understand that u are working only on  the registry/repository
>specifications but neverthless i thought someone here might be of great
>help.

Indeed we at ebxmlrr are focused entirely on ebXML Registry. We have a
feature complete imploementation of version
2.1 specs . We are currently working fst and furious on version 3.0
support.

>i am also aware that there is a proof of concept team who is
>regularly demonstrating the applicability of the ebxml concepts, but
>i`m unable to find some code or documentation as to how it was really
>done.

The proof-of-concept (POC) team disbanded in Feb 2001 ebXML Vancouver
meeting and was replaced by the ebXML IIC team:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-iic

This change reflects the maturity of ebXML where we have evoilved from
POC type implementations to actual product and open source
implementations which are conforming to common interop tests to make
sure that they conform to the ebXML standards.

Please contact Jacques Durand <JDurand@fs.fujitsu.com> who chairs of
that TC if needed.

Best of luck in your research projects around ebXML. If you decide your
work is in the registry area please contact me and I can make some
suggestions for reserach topics.

--
Farrukh