Subject: RE: Question on ebXML Business Process and Core Components MaterialsManagement Doc

Hi,

	Couple of things:

	1.	Sig, I assume you are planning to have the regrep examples of the
documents for the POC demo soon. If you have already tested it, may be we
can use the samples from that test.

	2.	David/Farrukh, the regrep should be content agnostic anyway. My idea was
that, as regrep implementors, we provide the "get" and "put" APIs (I am
working on these interfaces over HTTP as we speak) The verticals can then
store whatever they want and get it whenever they want. Does the registry
"know" what is stored in it ?

	cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 3:46 PM
To: Farrukh Najmi
Cc: Sigmund Handelman/Watson/IBM; ebXML poc
Subject: re: Question on ebXML Business Process and Core Components
Materials Management Doc

Message text written by Farrukh Najmi
>I noticed that in Figure 2 you mention Sun/IBM listed for Registry
Simulation. What did you mean by that? I am not aware of any joint work
in this area that we are collaborating on. Also, I would prefer to
replace "Registry Simulation" with "Registry Implementation" since the
intent of the POC is to implement ebXML specs and not to have a showcase
for simulated behavior (or products for that matter).<

Farrukh,

Also - should be noted that XMLGlobal has signed up to
provide Registry functionality for the PoC, and we are
looking to finalize the content exchange details with the
other PoC participants asap to faciliate that.

My understanding that work on sample content for
retrieval from the registry is in-progress from AIAG and
GCI, so we are waiting till we have that before proceeding
next steps.

Thanks, DW.