Subject: Re: Tokyo Phone plug and Mains Power information

Hello, Harald.

The URL attached lists the various international standards.

http://www.cwt.vt.edu/faq/countries/index.htm

I, too, have a Motorola tri-band (L Series) and have not found
it useful in Japan since my carrier--Pacific Bell--does not have
agreements
there.

A good plan would be to:
1. rent a pre-loaded cell phone at Narita or any other international
airport, and
2. as soon as its number is known, leave this number on your various
voice mail
      greetings.
3. Don't forward your calls from your usual phone since this often does
not work.

If you are based in Germany, it is my understanding that VIAG-Interkom
GmbH is
trying to line up some agreements.

The units in Japan tend to be very small and so make sure you use the
strap to secure it
to a shirt button or something.

Regards,

Sarma

--

Sarma

Sarma Vangala,  PhD, PEng
Technical Manager
Special e-Business Solutions
Oracle Corporation
6501 East Belleview Avenue
Englewood, Colorado 80111
U S A

Mobile: +1. 650.576.3756
Mobile: +1. 416.567.0201

begin:vcard
n:Vangala;Sarma
tel;cell:+1.(416) 567.0201
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Oracle Consulting;Special e-Business Solutions
adr:;;6501 East Belleview Avenue;Englewood;Colorado;80111;United States of America
version:2.1
email;internet:Sarma.Vangala@oracle.com
title:Technical Manager: Mobile and Wireless
fn:Dr Sarma Vangala, PEng
end:vcard