Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] New WSCI spec competes with BPSS....

<more noise>
Why aren't they down here in ebXML working with us on the standards??

 > Think of wsci as an ebxml killer and the public interface to any process,
 > making it reusable and exposing it where needed since that process is a
 > private implementation (BPML)

We've been thru this before
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-stc/200008/msg00046.html
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-bp/200102/msg00030.html
http://www.gldialtone.com/M$hijinks2.htm

First of all they're only competing with ebXML BP not the whole ebXML.
It seems to be their marketing ploy, playing on the name recognition
of ebXML, I guess.

It might not be entirely bad thing if every layer of ebXML has
competitive solutions, as long as they interop. with other layers.
Maybe they will end up using RM, RR, CPP.   They will certainly
end up mapping to the same semantic entities as Core Components.
I pity them, trying to build just a BP layer, without anything else.

ebXML has some of the best scientists in the world, they have
already been through BPML and punctured some logical
holes in it.  And probably learned some useful things from it.

It is natural, that people are going to produce applications that
do many good, useful things.  Years are going by.

I guess, I don't have a big problem with BPMI until somebody
shows me why their standard is worse.  They are a bunch of
people and companies--and so is the ebXML.  Both needs to
sit down and negotiate a settlement.

Guys like me will remember, and criticize, developers
and companies a long time in the future, whose stuff doesn't
interoperate.  Especially when the incompatible applications are
broken by standards, forcing the customers into upgrades.
I enjoy this, actually.

It is impossible to stop the ignorant, avaricious VCs and CEOs.
The problem is the CTOs and developers who are selling false
promises to the VCs just so they can have a job building crappy
applications for a year or two,

Todd