Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] BPSS and WSCI

Bob,

Thanks for your observations, but I think you missed my point.  I am *not*
"confusing the states of an external business deal with the internal states
of the private internal business apps."  That is precisely my point.  They
*aren't* the same. However, if you're going to execute the BPSS you have to
track it's states, and the only place you can really go for the states by
trying to correlate them with the states available in the application.

Furthermore, when the BPSS and BP worksheet examples have things like:

"Constraints - The invoice shall only be sent after confirmed
shipment.  The invoice shall reflect the confirmed shipment."
"Guard Condition - ThreeWayMatach(Invoice).State=VALID"
"Preconditions - Valid Sales Order, Valid Vendor Relation"

You're telling me that you aren't expecting a BPSS-enabled application  to
pay attention to this type of stuff?  If they are supposed to, where are
the standard semantics for any of these values?  If we're not expecting the
application to pay attention to them, what's the point of forcing them into
a machine-processable XML document?

Cheers,

Mike